To update and renew your US Passport quickly, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
For those individuals whose passports have expired five years or less, the renewal process is the way to get your passport current. This process involves the following documentation:
Your Most Recent U.S. Passport:
- Passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document
If applicant does not meet the above criteria –Please apply for a New US Passport .
US Passport Renewal Process Overview
Applicant must gather documents listed below including original name change documents to send to us for processing.
Step 1 - Online Application.
Must complete the DS-82 Application (online Application). Must be completed online, it cannot be handwritten. Please print out application, sign and date with blue pen.
Step 2 - Proof of Identification
- Valid Drivers License
- Valid State or Government Identification
- Valid Military Identification
Step 3 - Current US Passport
- You must submit your current passport which is not damage passport
- The expired passport will be returned to you along with the new passport
- If you do not have your Passport, you will need to apply for Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport
Step 4 - Two Authorization Letters
Letter of Authorization will be issued when you come in person. If you are not coming in our office and doing it by mail. Please Call (415) 673-5000 for Authorization Letter.
PLEASE SUBMIT 2 COPIES. Each copy MUST contain your original signature. Fax or photo copies of your signature are NOT acceptable - both letters must contain original signatures.
Step 5 - Flight Itinerary
Submit a copy of your computer-generated itinerary or your ticket from an airline, travel agency, or online booking agency showing your departure from the U.S. FAX or photocopies are acceptable.
If you do not have a Travel Itinerary or ticket Please call: (415) 673-5000
Step 6 - Passport Photos
PASSPORT PHOTO SERVICES AVAILABLE IN OUR OFFICE LOCATION
Must be 2x2in on a white background (Recent Photo within one month)
You will be required to submit two (2) identical passport photographs. Photographs must be taken by a passport photographer. Home made photos are not acceptable and most often cause a delay in passport issuance.
Step 7 - Service Order Form
You must include one completed order form with your documents.