Requirements for a U.S Passport photo:
- The two (2) US passport photos must be identical.
- The US passport photos should be printed on thin photo-quality paper.
- The US passport photos must be in color.
- The US passport photos must be no older than 6 months.
- The US passport photo should show a clear, front view, full face of the applicant.
- The applicant should be against a plain white or off-white background.
- The applicant’s expression should be natural, with both eyes open, looking directly ahead.
- Normal, unexaggerated smiles are acceptable, but unusual expressions and squinting are not.
- US passport photos in which the face of the applicant is not in focus will not be accepted.
- The US passport photos must measure exactly 2 by 2 inches.
- The applicant’s head, measured from the bottom of the chin to the top of the hair, should be between 1 inch and 1-3/8 inches.
- The head should be centered in the photo.
US Passport photo fee: $15 for a set of two.